Bobby graduated from the Simon School of Business this morning and I couldn't be more proud of him! I joke and say "WE" did it, because although he was the one in school, we really did go through this chapter of our lives together. We moved here almost two years ago not knowing a single person. Over 3,000 miles away from our family and everyone and everything we knew, no place to live, I didn't have a job, just took a dive into the complete unknown. It was scary. We only had each other and that was enough for us, but throughout our time here we quickly built friendships that will last far beyond our Simon chapter. We are so thankful for those friendships, especially now that we are all going our separate ways this week. Most every one of our friends are leaving this week, as well as us. It is going to be so strange not seeing all of the same faces that we have seen for the past two years, especially not knowing when or if we will see many of them ever again. I know I will definitely see a very select few, but I know we won't see everyone. It is an odd feeling...It is one of those things "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". Although it is sad thinking about the probability of never seeing a good amount of the people we have met here in Rochester ever again, we are so thankful and grateful for the time that we had with each and every one of them. Each person contributed to making our time here in Rochester worth it and memorable. It is a time in our lives that we will never forget and a chapter in our journey that has changed us forever.
So, here we are with 5 short days left in our Rochester/MBA chapter of our lives, not knowing what the next step is going to be, where we will end up, and knowing everything can change overnight...but yet again we are doing it together. Taking the plunge in to the next chapter of our lives; marriage.
I couldn't ask for a better partner in this life than Bobby. He truly is my best friend and I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anybody else. I love him and am so beyond proud of him he will never know. I feel so lucky and so blessed to call him mine and I am looking forward to the next few months...they're going to be chaotic, stressful, joyous, emotional, and probably some of the most memorable months in our lives and I can't wait to watch it all unfold!
So proud of all of the MBA graduates of 2013, but especially proud of MY graduate! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment