Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving this year was filled with so many different emotions from so many different places. I was happy and grateful to have our wonderful little Simon family to spend the day with, I was saddened by some heartbreaking news from my best friends, while also being overjoyed by the news that she is having another baby girl Harlow in April, I missed my family, but also felt very blessed to have such an amazing man to share all of these emotions with me as they came.

We had our Thanksgiving meal over our friend Theresa and Pedro's, she cooked the turkey (her first ever) and some sides and desserts, I made ezekial bread stuffing, roasted garlic green beans and sweet potatoes (all things that are apart of my new eat clean program), and a few of our other friends brought dessert and cranberries. Together we created this incredible feast that not even Bobby could put a dent in. During the time we were finishing up some of the side dishes, I received a text from my best friend informing me of some extremely heartbreaking news about her dad....I just felt and still feel so heartbroken over everything that she has been going through over this past year, this was the last thing I ever expected to hear from her on this day. I had been anticipating the announcement of the gender of her baby, but instead received that tearful text. I just wanted to be able to be there in that moment and give her a big hug, but I couldn't. Her father is such an amazing man and it is hard to wrap my head around the thought of him not being around to see the birth of his beautiful grand daughter Harlow. I have been praying non-stop since I got the news and I will continue to do so for her family and for her dad.

Baby Harlow <3
As I mentioned a little...she did announce that she is indeed having another baby GIRL named Harlow and I could not be anymore excited!!! I was wishing and hoping and praying she would have another little girl and she is :) Little miss Harlow will just be absolutely adorable walking down the aisle at our wedding as our flower girl I can not wait to meet her in April! And now that I know she's having a girl I am wanting to buy absolutely everything in sight!!! I have such a cute idea of something I want to do so hopefully I can pull it off :)



Today, Bobby and I decided we would opt for a fake Christmas tree because we figured it saves money and is something we can keep packing around with us fairly easily, plus its less mess for ME to clean up. So, we got our first tree together...hard to believe after almost 10 years together that this is the first year we have EVER had a tree in our home but it brings a smile to my face and I am so excited about it! It is definitely going to be an on going project building up our personal ornament collection I think we have one ornament haha. We bought some simple red ball ornaments and the tree has white lights so it looks pretty. I ordered our stockings so they should be arriving next week so now we have the basic Christmas necessities and it feels wonderful. Bobby isn't a big Christmas fan at the moment, but I know when we have children he will be ALL about it, but I am glad he is so sweet and willing to give me some basic Christmas goodies that I have been bugging him about. I have so much stuff coming in the mail: stockings, our christmas cards, photobooks, my new Kindle Fire (Bobby's early Christmas present to me) and I am sure something else I can't even remember....oh yeah new windshield wiper blades for our cars LOL ( Gotta love Amazon).
Our Tree :)

Lastly, we got to skype with our little loves Austin and Calvin tonight and that just completed my holiday <3 I am SO excited for CHRISTMAS!!!!



Rocco Covalt and Family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment