Yesterday morning was the Color Vibe 5K! Of course the weather couldn't cooperate, it was 37 degrees and windy as heck! We were all layered and bundled up and still shivering! This was my first 5k, or race period. I had wanted to do a color run since last year and had been SO excited for this! It didn't disappoint, even though the weather did! There were THOUSANDS of people that showed up, it was crazy! We had a team, but only found a few of them, never even saw the rest of them but they did complete it at least haha
It literally started snowing/sleet/raining within the first mile...it was ridiculous. We were getting pelted in the face my ice, the wind was blowing, I couldn't feel the left side of my face for a good 15 minutes. It felt like a mini-tough mudder in the beginning with the ridiculous weather! But once we made it through that, the sun came out for the rest of the race and we finished in about 35 minutes! We ran the entire time. I was so proud!!! I don't run, like ever, so it proves that you don't have to still have endurance. My P90x workouts clearly built up my stamina without ever having to actually run! It was so much fun and definitely a day I won't forget!
We didn't stick around afterwards for too long for the after party because it once again started to snow so we were out of there! It was at the community college that is literally across the street from our apartment complex so we were able to walk which was awesome! We didn't have to deal with parking or trying to get out of the parking lot afterwards!
Bobby was the ultimate trooper and came to watch just so he could take pictures for us! I love him so!
 |
| My girl T! |
 |
| we kicked that 5k in the face! |
 |
| mid-race |
 |
| FINISH LINE |
 |
| we did it! |
 |
| pre-race dance party |
No comments:
Post a Comment