I FINALLY got our stupid wedding invitations out yesterday. I had planned on getting them out two weeks before this at the latest, but I had some major issues with the stamps and being busy. So yesterday my stamps finally arrived in the mail so I stamped them all right away and took them down to UPS to get rid of them and they of course tell me because of a little bump that I am PROBABLY going to need extra postage...they MIGHT process them but they also might send them BACK. Well screw having them all get sent back so I had to buy even MORE stamps to ensure they would not all get sent back...so all of that drama over getting the "right" stamps and I had to buy the "wrong" ones anyway! Ay yi yi....BRIDE PROBLEMS! That is definitely one of those things I think back about and am like seriously Casey...who CARES what stamps you use!!! Hindsight is 20/20 right. Oh well..what's done is done and they are finally in the mail. The guys at UPS asked me if I wanted the box back that all of the invitations were in and I said quickly "I never want to see that box again!" they laughed...I was dead serious.
So, invitations are on their way...SUCH a relief. On to the next thing, which there are plenty of! Today I had my hair and make up trial! SO FUN! I had been really excited for this and I had picked out a bunch of inspiration pictures and everything, especially my hair, came out totally perfect! I hardly EVER wear make up in general and when I do it's very subtle so I may go a touch lighter on my eye make up, but other than that it was perfection and made me SO much more excited for the big day! The girls I am working with were around my age, fun, sweet, and easy to talk to. I am so happy with my decision to go with Vanity Belle out of Costa Mesa. They're amazing!!! I can't wait to see my whole bridal look come together :)
In other non-wedding news...Bobby has his final interview with American Express on Tuesday in Phoenix. They are flying him in early morning, he is doing the interview and then flying back that same night. So we could POSSIBLY be moving to Phoenix before the wedding! As if things couldn't get any crazier! They just might...and I hope they do because that would mean Bobby gets the job! PHEW! Please cross your fingers and pray for us!
I have been trying to get going on picking music for the wedding. This just might be the most difficult and frustrating part! It is SO hard! I love sooooo many songs it's impossible to choose songs for the important things. This will definitely be the biggest headache! Aside from the seating arrangement...which I don't even want to think about yet! 40 days to go!
So, I'm not sure if you have tried yet, but everyone told me that the seating chart was going to be a nightmare, it was actually pretty easy! I know you have a lot of blended families but we had LOTS of drama by the time my wedding arrived and people literally HATING each other and I was scared of an outbreak of chaos so I had to take that into consideration when making the seating chart and it was pretty darn simple! Kayla told me that it was the most difficult thing she had to do but I went in with a positive mind and it worked out easier than I imagined. Maybe because I was dreading it so much? Just draw it out and use a pencil! I did struggle a tiny bit when I had a 3-some and only 2 seats at a table but that didn't occur too much. As for stamps, I think I used a "love one" and some regular ones but like you said, no one is going to even remember, I don't! I started thinking that way and it made letting things go so much easier. I'm sure most people just ripped it open and tossed the envelope away! :)
ReplyDeleteAlmost there!