It is amazing how things can change from day to day! Not even a week ago we had absolutely no idea where Bobby would be working, where we would be living, if we would be moving or WHAT in the world was going to happen. We don't have ALL of the details still, but now we have the OPTIONS! We were almost in desperation mode...ok maybe we had reached that point, but now the ball is completely in our court. It is a complete 180 from the position we were in only a few days ago.
Bobby had his in person interview with American Express last Tuesday in Phoenix. He then got through to the FINAL step, a phone call with the VP. This basically meant he made the final two candidates...or so we thought. Turns out the hiring manager liked him and another guy SO much that he decided he wanted to hire them BOTH! So Bobby got the phone call while we were on our way up north Tuesday morning from HR that they indeed were extending him the offer for the position. I almost started to cry I was so happy! I had been praying non-stop that something would work out, specifically Amex, and it did! I had a good feeling about Amex since he applied to the job a few months back and my feelings were right.
He had also been talking with Hertz since last month. He had an in person interview yesterday with them and they pretty much offered him the job on the spot...and not even the job he went in interviewing for...a similar one, but working side by side with the hiring manager and the VP on special projects for the first year, and then after that being in charge of one of their top branches. The best part...we wouldn't have to move. It keeps us in Southern California. Now he has an in person interview with the VP in Burbank next Friday and they will then extend their official offer.
Now we have Amex extending their official offer Wednesday and Hertz soon after that. We get to decide based on their offers what the best choice is going to be. It is a lot to think about! There are so many factors that go into the decision...it's just crazy. We are so blessed to be given the CHOICE and I am SO proud of Bobby for not ever giving up and getting into this position. All of his hard work and dedication has come to pay off and it is exciting! It is still very stressful given the timing of everything with the wedding, but we are just taking it day by day and so very grateful to have these two options on the table right now.
If we decide Amex we will most likely be moving RIGHT before the wedding or right after. That is something Bobby will discuss with them starting on Wednesday. We probably won't get a honeymoon right away because he will be starting his new job at either place, but we will definitely be taking one ASAP!
We are 4 weeks away TODAY from the wedding and there is SO much still up in the air...it is a lot to take on all at once, but I am pretty used to it by now....this is pretty much how our lives always are...CHAOTIC! It's a beautiful mess though and I know we will make it work like we always do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment