The last time I made any type of goals were for New Year's Eve. The end of 2013 is approaching and it has been an amazing year, probably the best year of my life for many reasons, marrying my best friend being the biggest! I would have to go back and look at them , but I know they were mostly fitness related aside from the "traveling" one (which I will be checking off in a couple of months) and I completed the biggest one of those. Finish p90x. That was a big accomplishment for me to say I completed it. It was not easy for me, but I did it!
I like to set goals for myself to give me something to work towards. I am a very visual person and I like to have things written down for me to be able to look at whenever I need a little motivation or inspiration. I want to start setting monthly goals for myself, smaller goals that aren't just fitness related, but just about life in general. We all have things about ourselves that we need to work on, nobody is perfect, especially me. I have had a rough time transitioning to married life and moving to a new place where we don't know anybody and have had other emotional issues going on, but I need to work my way through them. I really want to grow and discover myself. I know that sounds crazy coming from a 26 year old, but I really feel like sometimes I still don't know who I am, what I am about, what I want to do...I feel like I am just kind of floating through life without a purpose. This is not to say that I am unhappy with my life in any way, I am very happy and blessed, it is just a time in my life where I live far from literally all of my friends, we are all at different places in our lives and I feel like everyone has "something" going on for them and I am just kind of here. I just feel like I am still searching for something, I don't know what it is yet, but I know I will when I do find it. It could take awhile, but I am lucky enough to have my best friend with me every single day to encourage and support me in everything.
I think sitting down each month and evaluating where I am in my life and setting goals will really help me grow and help me strive for something more.
Now to actually sit down and come up with the goals. I will have to think about them more tonight and tomorrow and post them tomorrow night sometime.
Do you ever set goals for yourself? Does it help you or do you tend to just kind of forget about them after the moment is gone?
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment