I married my best friend. I didn't think it would change anything, but I was definitely mistaken. I never expected to love Bobby more than I already did, but I do. My love for him doubled, tripled, quadrupled when we said I Do and we are still floating on cloud in 9 of marital bliss. We didn't get a honeymoon, but everyday as his wife feels like one. We have been together for almost 12 years and we have been in that newlywed/honeymoon phase for years and I don't foresee that ever changing. I believe that that is what true love is. It isn't just a phase directly following your wedding...it is just how you are as a couple everyday. You just are that way with each other. You are best friends. Lovers. Companions. Partners in crime. Nothing can tear you apart and they are the first person you go to with exciting news or bad news. They are who you turn to when you need to vent, cry, laugh with. They are your everything.
I of course have a few girl friends who are my best friends, who I go to as well, but with Bobby it is just different. He truly is my best friend in every way. He is the only person I can be around 24/7 and not get sick of. Call me attached, but I miss him anytime we aren't together. I am not unable to function when we are apart or anything, but I just love him so much I always want to be around him. I am happy when I am with him. We aren't perfect, we argue sometimes, have disagreements, but we get through everything and are always stronger on the other side. Despite being together for almost 12 years we are still learning things about each other and still grow together as a couple every day. I think that is a very important aspect of a strong healthy marriage.
This was quite honestly the craziest, fastest month of my life. Even more so than the month leading up to the wedding I think. Some days I wish we could just go back to the day of the wedding because that is the happiest we have ever been. It was perfect. I only it wish it could have lasted longer. I actually feel a little lost not having anything to plan since I had been planning our wedding for over 2 years it is a strange feeling to now not have anything to plan.
I am anxiously waiting on our wedding video and our photos to take me back to our wedding day. I am really really really, did I say REALLY excited to get those I wish time would speed up so that I had them! I am kind of glad that it takes some time to get them back so we have something to look forward to and then we can relive the moments all over again through film :)
Don't worry I will definitely be posting the video and photos here and on FB!
No comments:
Post a Comment