There are 58 days until my brother and Brit's BIG day in Alaska, which means I will be on my way to CA then up to Alaska in about 52 days or so! I can not wait I am getting so excited! Our cousins are flying up and so are a few of Drew's really good friends because they are his groomsmen/best man and I so happy for Drew that they are able to make it I know it means the world to him! I just love weddings too so I really can't wait for the actual day! Brit's dad chartered a halibut boat for one day so we are going to do that! We are also going to go salmon fishing one of the days! I also think I am going to have Brit do my hair while I am up there because I don't think I can afford to have my normal girl do it because the plane flights were so darn expensive LOL Shoot now that I am thinking about it why did I not think of this before...maybe she can do my hair for my wedding...although I won't have a trial...hmm guess it's a good back up plan. ANYWAY back on track I am so excited to see my family it has been since September since I saw my mom and JULY since I saw my dad and a TWO Thanksgivings ago since I saw Drew and Brit! Living so far away from each other sucks sometimes! I feel like we miss out on so much of each other's lives so I am really happy that we are all getting together for the wedding and able to spend extra time up there to hang out too.
Another countdown I have going is my countdown ORDERING MY DRESS! 67 days! I am so so so excited to OFFICIALLY order my dress. Of course the salon I am going to (or any of them actually) don't have MY dress so they have to order it from the designer and have to "borrow" it and have it shipped into their store for me to try on and order it. It's $100 to have them ship it BUT when I order it that $100 will just go towards the purchase of my dress so that's fine with me. It would be one thing if I hadn't picked a dress and just wanted to try it on and see if I liked it...I wouldn't do that, but the fact that I have already tried it on here and fell in love and know I am going to order it makes it fine. I thought about just not trying it on again and ordering it because they just need my measurements, but I want my mom to be able to see it on me in person and I just can't WAIT to put it on again! I am so excited to see it and put it on I never want to take it off it is so comfortable I just love it! I have also hit the gym full force because of this countdown lol I definitely hibernated allll winter and well into spring but now that this is getting so close I am regretting that decision and feeling the pressure! I am not trying to lose a ton of weight or anything I just want to feel good when I try it on and order it!
I am also having my bridal make up trial while I am home. It is so hard to do some wedding stuff from here, like make up and hair trials! I can't just ask my mom to help because she is there because I physically have to be there (obviously) so because I have 4 trips planned out over the next year already and they are all pretty much FULL of stuff already I figured I have time in August I might as well do it. I realize how early it is to do it but considering the fact that I AM planning from here in the worst case scenario that I don't like the trial it still gives me time to find someone else. It is crazy that we are so close to the one year mark, I am feeling the pressure. I don't think I would as much if I was living in CA because I could do everything from there and would have ample time but I am definitely feeling it because I am in NY and know when I am flying out there and for how long and know it's not very long at all! Plus, knowing how fast this year went by only makes me more nervous! Once Bobby graduates in the beginning of June next year we will be moving, God knows where, hopefully back to SoCal then the wedding will only be a month and a half away! I feel like I don't even have the summer months to do anything because we will be moving and getting settled but I am sure it will work out. Even if it takes just going up to Norcal or flying there from where ever we are and staying for the last few weeks before the wedding I will do whatever I have to do to make it less stressful. This is why I am trying to get as much done ahead of time as possible because I know that it is going to get CRAZY come this time next year.
OK anyway enough rambling I am just really anxious and excited for everything to come!!! :) I get to visit old friends who I haven't seen in CA when I am there and see my Etter's who are now moving back up north, stay with my Molls and see Laura! SO excited for all of my visitations with everyone I am definitely going to cherish my time with them, and be productive :) It will be a little crazy but totally worth it!
Yay for California! and Alaska!
ReplyDeleteI know! SO Excited only 50 more days (ish)! haha because this girl still hasn't bought her ticket to CA!
DeleteSo excited for you and sounds like planning is going well! I TOTALLY know how you feel about trying to plan a wedding a long distance from where you are actually getting married! I did the same thing, planned while I was living in Utah when my wedding was in Arizona and a second reception in Oregon, and it was crazy stressful! But it DOES all work out so try not to stress too badly:) You are going to be a beautiful bride and everything is going to be simply gorgeous, your venue is amazing!! Trying on my dress was my favorite part too, I didn't want to take it off each time I tried it on. ;) So fun!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet Tam!:) yes long distance planning is a lot more stressful than I thought regardless of the time I have...And you had WAY less time than me crazy!!! When I start to stress I just shut down all things wedding for a day and go back later lol but I know once we hit the year mark its going to get crazy but im so excited for the day and to see how it all turns out and how it all comes together! Speaking of weddings CONGRATS how did it go ?!I want to see pics!!!!!
Delete