Thursday, November 15, 2012

Considering November is half over...

I figure I should blog something, even though I don't know that I have all that much exciting stuff to talk about, but I will briefly describe the last few weeks:

1. Halloween- Simon had their annual Halloween party at a club in Rochester, free drinks, music, friends makes for a pretty fun night. I had been getting up at 5 am and so by midnight I felt like I was falling asleep standing up so we kind of called it an early night. We didn't even decide to go until a week before, so we found the most decent, cheapest costumes we could find on Amazon (which ended up being Roman emperor/empress costumes) and called it a day. Overall the night was fun, last year was still probably better though. It is probably our last big halloween party like that too, we are getting a little too old for that now haha

2. Bobby's dad came and stayed with us for a few days. We were all suppose to go NYC that weekend, but Sandy destroyed the city and that definitely did not happen; subways were flooded, power was out, etc so we just hung out here. boring. But he did point out that the thread on the inside of my tires was showing....oops, not good. So I got new tires...yay...just in time for snow! <---not actually excited.

3. We finalized our wedding guest list, and I think have picked out our save the dates. I had ordered some free samples from Wedding Paper Divas of invitations and they sent me a 20% off discount code so I am pretty sure I will be ordering from them and using the discount. I plan on ordering those sometime next month and getting them out at the end of January/early February, I can't believe that time  is almost here!

4. We also found the cutest invitations on Etsy that we want to use. They are actually fairly reasonably priced as well compared to most wedding invitations that can cost a pretty penny, so we will see, but we both really like them, and they're unique which we love as well!

5. I found and bought my (new) wedding shoes! I had ordered some awhile back, before we switched the whole wedding around, the really cute aqua heels, but after changing everything our colors also changed so they no longer matched. I also decided to go with flats, I am not really a heels person anyway and I knew I would end up in flats by the end of the night anyway so why no just wear adorable flats the whole time? They should get here on Monday and I can't wait!!

6. I finally decided to delegate some DIY projects. Up until recently I was gung ho on doing everything myself, but then I got to thinking about reality and how we will be moving in June (2 months before the wedding Ah!) etc and decided it would probably be a whole lot less stressful to give the mom's some jobs :) They of course happily accepted their projects, and are actually super excited about them, and its a huge weight off of my shoulder I know they will do fabulously!

I feel like slowly but surely everything is falling into place and will be perfect come the big day! I have reached out and gotten almost everyone's addresses and hearing how excited all of our friends are to celebrate with us makes us all that more excited! :) It has been awhile since we have seen some of our friends so we will all just be making up for lost time at the wedding!

Thanksgiving is a week from today and I have not yet even thought about what to make or buy for our meal. It will just be Bobby and me this year, but I will make a turkey and a full on meal because I know how much he loves Thanksgiving food, particularly my Thanksgiving food ;) We will probably just spend the weekend at home, hanging out, watching football (ugh) haha! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment