What is Nemo you may ask? Yes, it is an adorable little disney clown fish, but that is not the Nemo to which I am referring right now. The Nemo I am talking about is this ridiculous winter storm that hit us today. Who would give such an unpleasant thing such a cute name? It is far from cute! I am SO glad that I have lucked out the last two storms that we have gotten, they have both hit on Fridays and I don't work on Fridays so I haven't had to deal with driving on the freeway. I did however have to drive Bobby to the school and pick him up tonight, it was not fun. There were people sliding all over the place. I actually saw a lady cross country skiing in the STREET when I was driving to pick Bobby up from basketball...only in Rochester. It started snowing around noon and has not let up yet, and now the wind is picking up. So glad we are in for the night! I really hope this is the last winter storm we get before spring!
So although the weather outside was beyond frightful, I was not going to wait another day to get our save the dates out. I had them all ready to go on Wednesday for Bobby to take to the post office and what do you know, there was a huge fire in the apartment building next to us and it kind of threw everything off a little bit, understandably so I would say. So, as of about 630pm tonight they are officially in the USPS mail system and should be on their way to the hands of our ever so wonderful guests! I actually had such a weird feeling when I put them in the mail, almost a nervous/scared feeling. I literally paused before closing the mail shoot haha I don't know why! I couldn't wait to get them out, maybe it's just because NOW everything is seriously happening and our wedding is right around the corner and it's really hard to believe! REALLY exciting, but crazy too because it has been such a long time coming! :)
Next on the wedding agenda is to call the hotel for our room blocks and finalize our contract with them. I keep forgetting to do it (I wonder why) but I am going to try to call tomorrow and hopefully the lady I need to speak with is in. If not, there's always Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment