Thursday, February 7, 2013

What a Week!

Wow, this week has just been "one of those" weeks and I am flat out exhausted. I never caught up from the busy weekend and this week was beyond crazy, therefore I just fell more behind on rest and today could barely function. Then to round off the week the neighboring apartment, which we share a WALL with caught on fire yesterday. Yes, a legitimate FIRE...I was at work and Bobby was home and he texted me "it smells like a camp fire" so he goes and looks out the window and there are flames billowing out of the window and by that point he hears the fire truck sirens...followed by the firemen banging on the doors of our apartment telling everyone to "get the eff out". Turned out they had to go through our ceiling in our bathroom and the ceiling in our spare bedroom to help put out the fire. This all happened around 3pm yesterday so Bobby ended up coming over to the family's house that I work and just hung out until I got off at 530. We had no idea what to expect, and were expecting the worst, but it definitely wasn't the worst. Yes we had huge holes in our ceilings, but they had nailed some dry wall boards over them temporarily and will have to come back in and patch everything up. Bobby's clothes were covered in debri from the ceiling and there was soot all over the bathroom and our apartment smelled (and still smells) like smoke, but nothing irreplaceable was ruined and we were able to still have a place to live. Four apartments burned yesterday, displacing 4 families. I am beyond thankful that that didn't happen to us, but feel terrible for the people that it did happen to. Our apartment complex is wonderful though and have put them up in new apartments until they are able to gut and rebuild the inside of those apartments, however long that will take.

Talk about STRESS! That is quite literally that 'what would you grab from your house if it were on fire" moments and what did Bobby grab you ask? My laptop, our external hard drive full of pictures, and last but not least...our save the dates. LOL. Bless his heart. <3

So since all of his clothes in his closet got covered in debri guess who got to take it all to work and wash it all today...me. On top of taking care of twins. It was just an exhausting day running on about 4.5 hours of sleep...just not really practical for me. The lack of sleep definitely compounds upon itself and by my friday I am beat and can't WAIT to sleep in tomorrow. I didn't have the energy to do my leg and back workout today, which sucks, this week has been kind of off but I am only a day behind so I am planning on getting  a lot of rest tonight and doing a double tomorrow with legs/back and kenpo. Just gotta do it and make it work!

Next week is going to be another type of stressful week...Bobby's big huge super important interview in Houston...I hope I survive the next month. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment