Saturday, August 3, 2013

Onto the Next Big Adventure

Well, it is official. We are on to our next big adventure, and no, I am not talking about marriage. Bobby officially accepted the position with American Express as Manager of the Merchant Processing Platform Strategy division. It is a new division of American express so it something new and exciting that he will be apart of. I am so beyond proud of him for sticking it out throughout this grueling job hunt and interview process. It has been a stressful few months, especially with the wedding coming up in 20 days! With the acceptance of this new job it means another relocation...next stop will be Phoenix/North Scottsdale, Arizona. His anticipated start date is August 26th, why yes, that is indeed 3 days after our wedding! Yipee! So that basically means we will be moving from Aliso Viejo to Scottsdale the week/end before the wedding. What bride wouldn't want to deal with that the week before her wedding?! Talk about overwhelming! Yes it is such a blessing and I am thrilled that we get to move to a new place and Bobby got a great job for a great company, but the timing could not be much worse.

We now have about two weeks to find a new place and move 5 hours away (could be worse) all while planning and worrying about the final details of the wedding. It is going to be pure insanity. I have been super stressed out this week for many reasons, this being one of them, but I am just trying to keep it together! I am so grateful that Bobby now has a secure job and that we can begin our married life off on the right foot. I know everything will work out, and this was just what was meant to be, but it definitely is not what I had imagined...things haven't exactly been going as I imagined these past few weeks in general, so I guess that's just life! I know that is how our lives go so I guess I should be pretty use to it.

It has been a roller coaster of emotions these last couple of weeks, and as excited as I am for the wedding and everything I really can't wait till it's over and we are moved and settled with our new lives in Scottsdale. I just have to make it through these final two weeks and our big day will finally be here and we can start our new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment