Sunday, October 13, 2013

Aloha!

I officially booked my flight to HAWAII for 6 days to visit Laura and Kyle and I couldn't be more excited! I will leave the afternoon after Thanksgiving (Friday) and take the red eye out December 5th and land in Phoenix Friday morning. I was able to get non-stop flights (YAY) and was able to use my Amex reward points to fully pay for my plane ticket (double yay)! We had been saving the points up for who knows what so when the opportunity presented itself to use them for this trip after we decided I would just be going to Hawaii by myself we took it. Bobby wanted to go but figured he will be busy with work around the holidays and most everyone will probably be taking time off so he should probably stick around. There is still a small chance (in my crazy mind) that he will come last minute, but I doubt it. We will probably use his PTO around Christmas and try to back home. Bobby has been to Hawaii multiple times when he was younger so he thought it would be fun for me to just go and see Laura and spend some girl time with her (since I don't have any friends here haha). I am excited to spend time with her for sure and have her show me around her new home :) I can't wait!!!  We are definitely planning on multiple hikes, tons of beach time, and eating our way around Oahu, if I know Laura I am SURE she has some go to places to eat around there so I can't wait! I really wish Bobby was coming and I tend to have a little bit of guilt about going without him, but then I have to remember he wanted me to go and he has traveled plenty of times without me so it is my turn! ;) Even though Hawaii is still the US it just FEELS like it is out of the country lol So excited nonetheless and have a countdown going already of course...47 days to go!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment