Monday, October 7, 2013

Yummy Balls

Protein balls that is! Geez get your mind out of the gutter ;) I found a 4 ingredient recipe for these yummy bites on pinterest and have seen multiple versions of them from recipes all over the internet and from friends. You can pretty much put whatever you want in them. I started with the base recipe off of Pinterest from He and She Eat Clean (see blogs that I follow) that calls for 1c dry plain oats, 1/4c all natural PB, 3 T honey, and 2 T of dark chocolate chips. I then added a scoop of chocolate protein powder and probably 1/4c of shredded coconut (I didn't measure). Because I added the protein powder it needed more honey to hold it together so I just kind of added more and mixed until I got the right consistency. After you combine all of the ingredients just roll them up into little balls and place in a glass dish, cover and put them in the fridge so they can set. You of course can just eat them right then and there, but they will hold together better once they firm up in the fridge for about an hour.

These are great to have on hand as a quick pre-workout snack, to take on a hike or just an on the go snack in general. It literally took me 10-15 minutes from start to finish, no time at all. You could add dried fruit, flax, nuts, etc anything you want make them your own and add whatever you like!

They taste like a treat, but they're clean and healthy! Healthy CAN and DOES taste good believe it or not! :) Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment