Friday, October 18, 2013

Hair Problems

I have had the same hair for Lord only knows, long and blonde. I definitely love it but it SO expensive to maintain and I hate it! It was fine when I was living in SoCal and I went to "my girl" and I got the amazing friends and family discount and only had to pay $80 for full highlights and cut, well that is no more. Not only do I not live in SoCal anymore, but she now lives in Ottawa, Canada! I am so picky with who does my hair and dread paying the $160-$200 bill at the end. UGH. I tend to not go as often as most people though, usually every 3 months or so because my natural color isn't ridiculously far off from my highlights so it blends well enough not to look too trashy lol I think that is what keeps my hair so healthy, because although bleach is used in for the highlights I don't go every 6 weeks like most blondes. I also rarely use any heat on my hair and always let it just air dry because it is naturally straight.

So to the point...I have been thinking lately about just going au natural and growing out my hair and not coloring it anymore....it is a scary thought. I don't even remember what my natural hair color looks like...a few shades darker I am sure, still blonde but not as blonde as I am now. I have been trying to decide if I want to just straight let my hair grow out and deal with the grow out and hope after a few more months I will just have that "blond ombre" look OR color my hair a color closer to my natural color and then let it grow out then the roots/grow out won't be so noticeable. I just can't decide! I have also been doing some research since "my girl's" friend asked me if I wanted to do the balayage highlights (which at the time had no idea what they were) and looking more into doing that too and letting it grow. I just don't know. I asked my sister in law who is a hair stylist and she suggested just letting it grow out. So maybe I will just let it grow out for awhile and see how it goes...

I can't fathom not being blonde anymore, but what I can't fathom more is dropping hundreds of dollars on my hair regularly. Wish me luck and hope I have the will power to grow these locks out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment