Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bridesmaid Gifts!

{I had written up this blog the night/morning after I finished them, but then after I posted it thought...hmm I probably shouldnt post this right now because I don't want them to see! But I just sent the boxes out in the mail yesterday, and I don't think any of them will check this blog before they get them haha}

It is currently 3am here and I just got done putting the finishing touches on my bridesmaid "proposal"gifts. I just worked 8 hours straight on these things, and my back is killing me but they are complete! I was just going to do some tonight and try to finish them tomorrow, but once I started going I just had to get them done! Mission accomplished! I am so excited with how they turned out they're so cute! I found this idea online awhile ago and thought it was such a cute idea and knew I wanted to do this for my girls! :)


I found the unfinished cigar boxes at Joanne's. I painted them first with a coat of ivory paint, allowed it to dry and the painted another coat of a light aqua blue.


After the paint dried I applied the stickers I bought saying "Be my Matron/Maid?" on the inside of the lid of the box. I then put a couple of coats of clear varnish over the top of all of the painted parts of the box including the stickers. I also bought scrapbook paper with a vintage map print and used it as a lining of the bottom of the box.


After the box was painted, sealed, and lined I put together a bunch of pictures that I had printed off; inspirational pictures of wedding; colors, decor, flowers, and bridesmaid dress ideas. I secured the pictures together with some twine and ribbon. I also put together a color palette using paint sample colors I got in the paint section at wal-mart. Lastly for the inside I typed up 4 sections of things I wanted the girls to know for the big day. Our Day-describing the who, what, when, where, and why of our wedding. My Girls- them! Your Dresses- describing what I was hoping to find for their dresses, and lastly Your Role- explaining what I feel their role of the big day is :) I printed the information onto an textured ivory card stock and cut the edges with a scalloped pair of scissors. I also tied the four pages together with some twine just to make sure they didn't slide all of the box. 



I finished off the boxes by putting a cute little rustic- looking flower decal on the top and tying some twine around them with a tag with their name. I am going to have to mail them to each one of the girls so hopefully I am able to get that done. I will also include a little card I made for each one with a personal letter. I really hope the girls love them! I just want them to know how special they are to me and how much it means to me to have them by my side on the most important day of my life! 


I must say I am pretty proud of myself for how these turned out and Bobby was also very impressed and said they looked professionally done which made me feel so good! I was a little intimidated at first but once I got going on them I got on a roll and they just came together exactly how I wanted them to! I am SO excited for them to get them in the mail who doesn't love a special delivery?!



No comments:

Post a Comment