Monday, February 6, 2012

Harlow Adriana

Saturday of my trip home was Laura's baby shower for Miss Harlow Adriana! I had spent all day Thursday building the diaper cake for her shower and I have to say I think it turned out quite well! I had a blast building it and can't wait until the next one. Friday after dress shopping I went home with Laura and spent the night. I am so glad I was able to do that and spend that extra time with her, I miss her so much! I was also able to see her dad which I feel very blessed for, he is such a great man and always makes me smile :)

Saturday morning we set up some final things for the shower, I was in charge of greeting people and collecting diapers and wipes. Anyone who brought diapers or wipes put their name in a box for a raffle that would be taking place later on in the day. Laura's mom had the shower catered by a mexican restaurant and it was so delicious! Everyone just ate and chatted for probably the first hour or so and then we all gathered in the living room to play a few fun games. After games we had cake and cupcakes, followed by gifts!! She got SO many cute things for Harlow and also a lot of things she was really needing! All of the cute outfits made us so anxious for her to get here! It was such a special day with all of her good friend and her family coming to celebrate the arrival of Harlow Adriana, April can not come soon enough, but I know it will be here before we know it!

After the shower was over people started trickling out the door and once most everyone was gone Laura and I were able to spend some more quality time together which again, I am so thankful for. We discussed the wedding, and also when it was going to be my turn to have babies haha (soon enough!) and how we want to try to be pregnant at the same time! It would be so fun to be pregnant with my bestie so I hope we can work that one out ;) I loved being able to rub Laura's belly and feel Harlow kick and roll. It is just such an amazing feeling to be able to feel her little body move inside and know she's in there and going to be here so soon! It was so funny because Harlow hadn't been moving for awhile and while Laura and I were sitting on the floor I went and was rubbing her belly and Laura started commenting on my engagement ring and how much she loved it and sure enough Harlow just started kicking and rolling around right then. So we know this little girl is going to love her diamonds and jewelry ;) I so can not wait for this little girl to arrive. I am so happy for Laura and Adam, they have been through such a hard year with losing their little angel Lyla and going through this horrific time with her dad that they deserve this happiness coming their way with the arrival of Harlow. She is such a little blessing and she is going to have the most amazing mommy and her auntie is going to just spoil her rotten! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment