Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Finally!!!

So, about 3-3.5 years ago Bobby and his dad started on a big oil and gas deal in Wyoming. Their Native American heritage comes from Wyoming and they have family and therefore connections there as well. Because of this they were able to begin a project taking over oil and gas leases in the Wind River area of Wyoming. Well, this has been an ongoing project over the last 3 years that included many, many trips for Bobby and his dad to Wyoming to meet and talk with the Joint Business Council to work out a deal. I can not even tell you how many times and how many days they spent in Wyoming over the past 3 years and how many hours that Bobby logged working on this deal and today they FINALLY signed the letter of intent meaning this deal finally went through!

I am SO unbelievably proud of Bobby for sticking to this deal. He grew up in the oil and gas business and this is his first oil and gas deal. I think we had both gotten to the point of well we will believe it when we see the signed letter and today we have it in black and white! The council had said they were going to sign SOOO many times, to no avail, but today it is officially a done deal! But now, Bobby has a ton of work to do with finding financing to fund the start up of the project and it is going to require a TON more work to get everything going but having the signatures is the biggest step because they are officially IN. Bobby had been waiting to hear back about internships, but now THIS will be his "internship" over the summer and his job basically from here on out. We may be living in Wyoming this summer now, but we haven't really gotten that far we have been busy trying to wrap our brains around the fact that this actually happened! He will definitely be going to Wyoming but as far as what I am going to do is still up in the air because I have J-O-B-S to go to everyday haha They do know though that Bobby has an internship this summer and that there was a possibility of me going with him for the whole summer or for at least part of it so they are pretty flexible with it so that is nice to know I won't lose my job over being gone for a couple months this summer if it ends up that way.

Bobby and Me in Wyoming summer 2009
I am just SO excited and proud of Bobby his persistence and hard work finally paid off and it is just such a great feeling! I am so excited for the future now even more so than I already was and I can't wait to see how the next few months pan out for us! :) Let another adventure begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment