Friday, April 27, 2012

the 5th time's a charm

As I posted before, today I went wedding dress shopping for the 5TH time! Well it turns out the the 5th time is a charm because i totally found my dress today!!! I was a little hesitant because this bridal store didn't have very good reviews online, everyone said the ladies who worked there were rude, unhelpful the list goes on but they had the designer that I wanted to look at, and had found numerous dresses online that I loved so I decided to just go anyway. Well, they couldn't have been MORE sweet and MORE helpful so I don't know what those people were talking about! The lady who was helping me was so nice, asked me numerous questions about my wedding, theme, etc, and let me pull any dress I wanted to and she also pulled a couple she thought I might like. I ended up pulling every dress I had found online and loved to try on so I was SO excited to actually be able to try on exact dresses I had found because I had never been able to do that before. I pulled around 6 or 7 dresses and she pulled a few as well.

So, I try on all of the dresses the appointment has been about an hour and 15 minutes, my friend Theresa had to leave early so it was Rebecca and me and I said ok let me try on ONE last one that I had pulled. Well that was the ONE! She pulled it out of the bag and I was like Ooooh myyyyy gosh, glowing. And when I put it on it fit PERFECT and I just had a huge smile plastered across my face as well as goosebumps ALL over my body. I walked out of the room and my friend Rebecca's face LIT UP and she was like "OH MY GOSH CASEY!" which is exactly the reaction I was feeling and hoping she would have. It was just that MOMENT you dream about and you just KNOW that that is YOUR dress. I didn't want to take it off and I couldn't stop smiling. It is the most perfect dress for my wedding that I could have ever imagined...i couldn't have even designed it better. I never in a million years thought I would pick a dress like I picked, but I could NOT be more happy and excited about it. I am absolutely in LOVE with it and it is all I can think about! Some bridal places are strict about taking pictures, but she was helping us find the best light, making sure we got pictures of all the little details, because she also knew I needed to send these pictures to my mom who is 3, 000 miles away.

At first I felt a little guilty going and trying on dresses without my mom being there, and wishing all of my bridesmaids could be there when I found THE ONE, but now that I am actually thinking about it, it makes it a lot more special and exciting knowing that on my wedding day will be the first time any of them have seen me in my wedding dress in person. I of course sent them pictures we had taken on our phones, but those will be long forgotten by August of next year, and are NOTHING like seeing it in person. So, I am actually in a way glad that they weren't there because now we get to have this super special reveal moment, that's a little extra special than normal and I am grateful for that and it should make for such an amazing photo! :)

Now I just need to get a little more money in the wedding fund that we started so I can put 1/2 down to actually be able to order my dress....now that day is going to be even MORE exciting than today was,and today was ridiculously exciting! Hopefully I will be able to order my dress sometime in May, and it will take 6-8 months for my dress to come in so at the earliest it will be here in November and the latest January. I thought I wanted to buy my dress in California because I didn't want to travel with it,but it does make sense to order it here so I can have it fitted and altered by the bridal salon and actually HAVE my dress in hand...I will just give it it's own seat (which it fully deserves) on the drive back to California next June! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited for you!! What an awesome experience for you to find THAT ONE dress :) I am excited to see some pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Z I am SO SO excited I found it I was starting to think I'd never find it! I wish my wedding was sooner, but it'll be worth the wait:)

    ReplyDelete