Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wine Tour

Saturday was the much anticipated wine tour! We met up with the group at our friend's Jon and Caitlin's house around 9:45am and waited for the party bus to arrive...which would be our ride for the entire day. SO fun! We left promptly around 10am and headed to the first winery, 3 Brothers Winery. The wineries were all about an hour from Rochester, so we had mimosas and bagels on our way to the first winery. We arrived at 3 Brothers around 11am and at this particular venue there are actually 3 wineries and one microbrewery and this was by far the most fun place of the day! We received a tasting passport when we arrived so we would be able to do our tastings at all 4 places on the property. I really like white wine and sweet wine which was what the majority of Upstate New York produces apparently so it was good for me! The main winery was probably my least favorite though, and then the last two wineries and the microbrewery were my favorite and were a lot more fun. All of the wines and the last two wineries were sexual innuendos and was pretty funny joking with the people pouring for us, they were all our age anyway so it was fun! I liked every single wine in the last two wineries and I even liked the beers we had, one tasted like coffee and chocolate which was interesting to say the least!

We ended up going to a total of 5 wineries because we made a spontaneous stop at an extra one on our way home. I feel like we could have gone to better wineries, we have a friend who grew up in the area and told us there are about 50 wineries on the opposite side of the lake that we were on, and that they are all better, but the fun was had by spending time with the people we were with so I didn't care so much and it is just good information to know for next time! I still really want to do the Wine Train in Napa so I hope we can do that SOON!

We got back to Rochester...after some intense dance partying and singing, mustaches included, around 6pm. We took our two friends Matt and Bill (who are roommates) back to their place and we all ordered and split some chinese food. We were literally all falling asleep on the couch so we ended up heading home around 8 and I was in bed and fast asleep by 9! haha I slept for a couple hours and woke up until about 1am then slept solidly till 9am. Wine makes me sleepy! LOL

Although it was cold and rainy the whole day, we made some amazing memories and got to spend all day with a great group of friends and even met some new people! :) I can't wait till our next wine tour!!

Now the countdown to the big Black Jack Ball is on! I ordered a dress from Nordstrom and it shipped today, I am praying it fits and looks good because I am beyond tired of looking for a dress! It should get here sometime this week, in enough time to find a different dress if it doesn't work thankfully, but lets just hope it works because it's exactly what I want! It's crunch time, we literally didn't have 30 minutes to workout in the last few days, so we will be hitting the gym hard tomorrow!!! 17 days until my 25th and 12 until the black jack ball! Where is the time going?!

The Group

The Mustache

Some of the ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment