What a glorious day! It was about 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, the perfect day for some Simon Games! Every year Simon's GBC puts on "Simon Games" where the school (and partners) can participate in a variety of games. Today we played: Ultimate frisbee, kickball, volleyball, cricket, soccer, kan jam, beer pong, and civil war! A great mix of non-drinking and drinking games. We had so much fun, got a little sun burned, but enjoyed being outside in the warm sunny weather all day! We were there from 11-7....8 hours! We had food catered, 2 kegs, and an abundance of fun people! I must say, cricket is the most confusing, complicated game ever! I think we went over the rules 10 times and I still didn't get it! They compare it to baseball, when really, its so nothing like baseball besides the fact that they have a bat and a ball and you have to hit the ball as far as you can and run. Every other rule is so crazy and complicated I could not keep up, but its always fun to try to learn a new international game lol. The dean even joined us and he loved it!
Playing volleyball was probably my favorite. I haven't played volleyball in YEARS, and even though the competition wasn't that high, it was still a lot of fun and made me miss it! I may try to look for a city league or something and check out signing up, maybe it will be during the winter and give me something to do! haha
Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day, even warmer than today I think! I think Bobby has homework and stuff all day, but I hope he will make some time to spend a little bit of time with me outside, if not I will just go for a run or something. Our pool isn't open yet...it is so weird living somewhere that pools are not open year round! They open up memorial day weekend (so next weekend) through Labor Day I think...that is definitely something I miss! Being able to lay out by the pool or go to the beach in December :) But I am so glad that summer is fast approaching and I am very much appreciating this weather we have finally been able to have! Now I see what they mean when they say people to FULL advantage of the nice/warm weather here because it IS very limited! I plan on doing the same! :)
What a fun day of games! Our pools are the same way here but it makes me appreciate them more, right? ha
ReplyDeleteyes it was a blast! can't wait for next year! And yeah its so weird to me it has been driving me crazy because the weather has been nice i don't see why they can't just open them! lol! only one more week though guess I can handle it! ;)
Delete