Tuesday, December 25, 2012

White Christmas

Merry Christmas! Today for us is pretty much like any other day, sad but true. Being so far away from all of our family makes it a little harder to get into the holiday spirit as much. This is our second round of holidays (both Thanksgiving and Christmas) here in Rochester and away from our families. Traveling during this time is always a HUGE pain for the short amount of time we would get to be there, and also VERY expensive. This year especially would have been brutal with the abundance of winter storms going on...no thanks. With my luck flying I probably wouldn't have even made it all the way to California! Hopefully next year we will be able to spend Christmas with at least SOME family, but then again who knows what the future holds...we will see!

We started the day off with a big ole' fatty Christmas breakfast that I made. Yum Yum, I have definitely gained some pounds this holiday season lol Once the holidays are over it is DEFINITELY time to get into serious wedding mode and whip my butt into shape! Winter is by far the hardest season to stay in shape, especially here! It is literally 20 degrees in the mornings, snow covered, I barely want to get out of bed just to go to work, let alone the gym! But, I am really just going to have to get into the right mindset...like not wanting to be a fatty at our wedding or on our honeymoon and just GET TO IT! haha I have thoroughly enjoyed the holidays, maybe a little too much, but it is time to get on track.

We didn't really do Christmas gifts on Christmas...we kind of each got some pretty big things slightly before Christmas so we didn't do that whole thing. Which is fine, it's not about that anyway. I was however, beyond excited and thankful that the family I work for got us our beautiful toasting glasses for our wedding! And it was our FIRST wedding gift off of our registry! She sneakily asked me the other day where we were registered, but I thought nothing of it and she surprised me with them. I thought it was SO nice of them it made me so excited thinking that those were the glasses we would be toasting with as the new Mr. and Mrs. Graham in 8 short months! :)

There is still snow all over, and plenty more on the way! There is another storm system coming that is supposed to dump 8-12 inches of snow on us between tomorrow and Thursday! Brr Brr Brr!

No plans for NYE yet...I kind of hope we do SOMETHING...but, guess we will see!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and got to enjoy it with the ones they love the most. I know I wasn't with everyone I love, but I was with my best friend which definitely makes up for it :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment