Friday, January 20, 2012

Recruiting Season

Recruiting season is among us here at the Simon School of Business. About 60 MBA candidates are currently in New York City getting interviewed by a variety of companies in hopes of landing their summer internship. Bobby had his Exxon Mobil interview around 10am and has his interview with Bulldog Investors at 1:30 this afternoon. After that he set up a meeting with a guy who he met through an old family friend for later in the afternoon before they head home. He had spoken with this guy earlier in the week and he wanted to set up a meeting with Bobby while he was in New York so it seems promising! I would be really thrilled if he ended up in NYC because it means I would be able to visit more often, see the city finally, AND go to Kleinfeld's for dress shopping even easier ;) Obviously we are just praying for an offer period but getting an internship for a company in the field he is most desiring would be amazing!

So, while we wait for our guys to get home from NYC my friend Rebecca and I are going get together after work and have some wine, watch wedding shows and talk wedding stuff...WINE and WEDDING my two favorite "W's" ;) She just got engaged in November so we are both planning a wedding! It has been nice having a friend locally who is also planning a wedding. It's obviously just nice having a friend locally period, but the fact that I have someone who is just as excited about their upcoming wedding as I am has been truly awesome! She is going to help me with my bridesmaid gifts/proposals too...I semi put one together and I think they are going to turn out really cute!! I just need a few little details to add to them to make them special but I have the major pieces. I also thought of another cute idea to do that I think I am going to add with the proposal so I am excited to put that together...which should be pretty easy! :) 562 days until the big day! Almost to the year and a half mark time is flying by! <3

1 comment: