Sunday, January 15, 2012

Silver Lining

Well, January has probably not been the best start to a new year with everything we have going on: landlord issues, illness, stress, and a snow storm, but we are pushing through to hopefully make February a much better month. We are creeping up on our move in date of January 25th and becoming very, very anxious to get this situation behind us...although I know it is probably far from being over. I am finally feeling good after being sick for so long, but then Bobby got sick last week (his first week of his second quarter) and missed school. I feel so bad because he always seems to get sick at the worst times! He had a month off from school and got sick the weekend before his classes started and missed the whole first week. He is finally starting to feel better though so he should be back to school tomorrow...or Tuesday since tomorrow is MLK day.

Despite all of this yuckiness Bobby got some amazing news last week! All of his hard work on his applications and networking are paying off! He landed an interview with a Hedge Fund company based out of Saddleback, NJ and will be going to New York this weekend for his interview! He also got a phone interview through his own networking skills with the San Francisco 49ers! That would be his absolute dream job he has always been the biggest 9ers fan since he was a little boy! I remember when I met him, when he was 15 years old his room was still painted red and gold and all of his furniture and bedding was SF 49ers haha! He used to go to all of the games and track down all of the players to get their autographs so the fact that we know people who work for the 49ers now and are connected to important people there, he was able to get a phone interview for this week! He is still waiting (as is everyone else who applied) to hear back from Exxon, so I will be praying he gets an interview with them! I am so proud of all of his hard work and that it is finally starting to pay off. I know how good he is in interview type situations and public speaking so I know he is just going to kill the interviews! I hope that we are able to find out where his summer internship is going to be soon that anticipation is killing me!

**UPDATE**Bobby got the interview for Exxon! So he will now have two interviews in New York can't wait for that to be over and hear back!**

On the not so important (at all) side of updates I have a hair appointment on thursday that I am Oh SO excited for! My hair has gotten so unbelievably long in only 3 months so I am ready for a cut! I have had the same style for so long too, not that I am going to do an extreme change by any means, but I want to cut about 4-5 inches off, put in some different layers, etc and change it up quite a bit I want some life and body to my hair. The weather here has just made it so dry and flat that it needs some life added to it. I was also thinking of possibly going slightly darker, just to more of my natural golden blonde, vs my light light blonde I have right now. That part I am not so sure about because I do love my color...I guess I will have to discuss it with my stylist and see what she says and see how I feel that day haha. Bobby doesn't think I should color it...I am 50/50 on that change so we will see what happens on thursday!

As far as wedding things go, I just have to work on a couple small things for my bridesmaids since I will be seeing them in a few weeks in California for dress shopping! I only have part of it decided on and still need to actually put it all together and hope it turns out cute! haha wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment