Monday, October 29, 2012
A Storm is a Brewin'!
Hurricane Sandy is definitely letting it be known that she is has arrived! The weather has gotten worse and worse by the hour as it descends upon NYC and the East coast. Although we are about 300 miles from NYC, the storm is SO big we are definitely getting some effects; high wind (gusts up to 60mph) and rain, rain, and more rain! It is supposed to head directly for Rochester once it makes land fall, the path is to go through PA and then up, eventually dissipating right over us...meaning we are expected to have this high winds and rain all day tomorrow and through Wednesday with the worst of it probably being tomorrow. I think we will be fine, but it is a little scary knowing how bad it is anticipated to be and we are hoping the winds don't knock our power out! I would say we are fairly prepared if something like that happened, but we are hoping for the best! I am supposed to work tomorrow, but Megan said we will see how bad the weather is and play it by ear. Her mom made it early, she was planning on coming this week mid-week but once we all got word of the hurricane coming she hopped on a flight and got out. She lives in the DC area, and most if not all airports there have been shut down since last night so it is a good thing she was able to get out. I love a good storm, it reminds me of growing up in Florence, we used to get these kinds of storms regularly (every year) and I remember getting sent home from school early and playing games with my brothers by candle light. My dad worked for the city so he was always out there working in the storm to help other people, so glad he is retired and doesn't have to work out there anymore! They aren't so bad if you don't have to go out in them, unfortunately I am no longer a child sitting inside playing in the candle light, I have a job and things to do! grr! But I guess that is just part of growing up...I have enjoyed it tonight though, listening to the wind and the rain (while also hoping the tree right next to our apartment window doesn't blow in haha). It is definitely only going to get worse, so stay tuned! :)
Labels:
Life,
Winter 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment