Sunday, October 21, 2012

Where in the world?!

I never thought picking out where to go on our honeymoon would be SO difficult! We LOVE to travel, and have been blessed to have been able to travel to quite a few amazing places in our life time already (Greece, Italy, Switzerland, England, France, St. Lucia, Belize, to name a few...Bobby has been to more places than me lucky duck!). I swear all I have been doing lately is looking at every possible place we could go, that would have good weather in August/September and that we could do both nothing but relax and also adventurous stuff. As you may know, (maybe not) Bobby does not like to be bored and gets bored extremely easily so picking a place where there will be enough to do to avoid that is definitely key. I don't like to be bored either, but I have always envisioned that ideal pure rest and relaxation honeymoon, but I also live for an adventure when traveling so I am also wanting to be sure there is something new and exciting to do where ever we go.

I thought we had decided on a place a month ago, but as I normally do, I continued to look at new places and soon was back to square one. There are so many amazing places we want to go it makes it impossible to decide! Part of me wants that dream luxury honeymoon, while the other wants something totally awesome and new! I honestly don't know how we are going to come to a conclusion, we may have to just write down some places and draw from a hat! lol! Luckily we have some time to decided where we want to go, and knowing us we won't decide or book until the last minute, I guess that's just part of the excitement!

There are many factors that will go into this as well; where Bobby finds a job after graduation, which will then determine where we will be living, our friends are getting married the weekend right after us which we would love to be able to go to, if Bobby's new TBD job will allow him to go on a honeymoon right away or if we will need to wait a little while after our wedding to go. All of these things make it a little more difficult to figure the honeymoon out, so all in due time.

It is "recruiting season" right now at Simon so things are pretty crazy. Bobby is working his butt off finding jobs to apply for, working with the CMC to find companies he would like to work for, etc in hopes of interviews and hopefully offers by the end of 2012. The sooner he gets an offer the better! I am definitely someone who likes to have a plan set in place, especially when it comes to where in the world we will be moving to after he graduates. Of course we would love nothing more than to move back to CA (Southern preferably but we would take Northern too), but really, at this point we could end up anywhere! It is exciting, scary, and stressful, all rolled into one giant ball of emotion all while planning our wedding from 3,000 miles away...not exactly how I envisioned it, but it has been working so far. I know that it will all be worth it in the end, and everything will work out how it is meant to, we just have to stay positive and be patient and let things fall where they may. This is just kind of how our lives have always been together and we have made it this far and survived, so what's another 10 months right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment