Today I mailed off 4 deposits and contracts to some of our many fabulous vendors; DJ, Florals, Valet, and Videographer went out today and 2 more for our (my) Day of Coordinator and caterer will also go out this week as well...a lot of money but a HUGE relief! Yes weddings cost a lot, but it's also so crazy seeing just how many people go into putting your dream day together! We will have probably 8-9 vendors in total maybe more because I am sure I am missing something once it's all said and done and I have to say that I think we have put together a wonderful team to make our dreams come true! :)
I found a wedding coordinator looking on yelp, came across Rooted in Love Weddings, saw they had good reviews so I went to their website. Super cute website (wins points for me a website says a lot in my opinion lol) so I started reading more about them and their company and saw they graduated from Vanguard University which is where I went to college for a year...small world much?! So I then of course went on Facebook to see which friends we have in common which is quite a few and turns out one of the girls knows and is friends with Jerad, Bobby's brother...can you say fate? haha I had a FaceTime date with her tonight which went super! :) She is such a sweet girl, my age, and we clicked so I am really excited to be working with her I just know she is going to help make my day go off without a hitch and she has worked with our DJ which is always a plus! :)
I am such a nerd...Bobby helped me build a super cool wedding expense spreadsheet in excel (thank you Simon) and I am obsessed! Really though it is SO helpful to keep track of the budget and the payments being made and to keep a running total of what has been paid and what is still left. I have every little thing in there and I love it! Now that we have started making the payments on things it was definitely a necessity since we are REALLY trying to stick to the budget we have set now so I know it is going to be extremely helpful...and yes it made me excited haha!
Tomorrow I start my new hours for work, I will now be working my normal full 8-10 hour days on Tuesday and Wednesday, but will be adding half days Thursday's and Friday's as well :) I can't wait for some baby time!
So fun! I totally love spreadsheets and lists and crossing things off ha! I'm a nerd too :) Good luck with everything, it's all coming together and sounds so fabulous
ReplyDeleteYay a fellow nerd;) thanks z it's so exciting! Such s relief having things booked do I can actually plan the fun stuff!:)
Delete