Monday, August 13, 2012

24 Carrots

Today we had our food tasting with RLL's preferred catering company, 24 Carrots Catering. They are the premiere catering company in Orange County, and the tasting definitely proved that. As I mentioned before we picked out a variety of appetizers, salads, entrees, and sides to try and then they added some other ones they thought we might like as well. We ended up liking more of the ones they through in than the ones we had picked, but really all of their food was delicious and their presentation is great as well! They had a slide show running on the tv mounted on the wall during the tasting and we got to see pictures from the numerous weddings they have done at RLL, and they are all stunning. We had no doubts that their food would be wonderful and the girl Nicole who we would be working with is great as well, we all really clicked which was great!

I am really wanting to use 24 Carrots, but there is another option that we have as well with another event company that has put together a wonderfully priced all-inclusive deal and it's making it really hard to decide. We save a substantial amount of money going with the not-24 Carrots company, but we risk the wedding reception running not as smooth. We have 110% confidence in 24 Carrots, but are still lacking some in the other. We are going to really weigh out our options over the next week or two and try to make some negotiations to see what one will fit within our budget the best and see what/if we will have to cut anything from our wedding list. This is the hard, not fun part of wedding planning, but definitely necessary.

Tomorrow we officially book our venue Rancho Las Lomas and have an appointment at 10am! I can't wait just to see the venue again, I absolutely love it there! I am going to take more pictures (because I missed quite a few spots) and really think about how to use the space as far as set up goes and make some notes. I don't know the next time I will be back out here so I definitely need to think harder about it tomorrow. I will be very happy to have that taken care of though before we take off Wednesday morning. I am sad to leave California of course, but very much looking forward to getting back into a normal routine. I am also ready for the school year to start so we are that much closer to it being over! haha

Catering is TBC....

No comments:

Post a Comment