We have FINALLY made it to the ONE YEAR mark until our wedding! I didn't think we would ever get here (jk haha)! Our first wedding date was August 4, but we switched our venue and date before we reached that date so we never officially made it to any one year mark until today! People may think we are crazy for changing our wedding venue and our wedding date but now that its all said and done we are 110% confident with our decision! Was it a little scary/overwhelming at the time...YES, but it was SO worth it! We are BOTH soooo excited to be able to have our wedding at the amazing venue Rancho Las Lomas, which is where I have always dreamed of having it since the day I first heard about it. The lady I used to nanny for told me about it before we even got engaged and so I of course immediately went and googled it and fell in love, but it was out of my parent's budget so I immediately disregarded it, even though it was ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I was watching My Fair Wedding on netflix one day and he did a dream wedding for someone and it was at Rancho! It kept coming back to me like it was some sort of sign! haha Bobby knew that that's where I REALLY deep down wanted to get married so he wasn't going to let me settle, he wanted to give me the wedding of my dreams so we decided we would make it happen...and so we are :))
I can't wait to walk down the aisle FINALLY and marry my best friend. We have waited years, will be together for 11.5 almost 12 years by the time we tie the knot and engaged for 25 and some change months! Most engagements are only 12-18 months long, ours definitely trumps that but it just makes it all that more exciting for our big day to actually arrive and here we are at the one year mark already! The first year actually FLEW by and I honestly couldn't even imagine having our wedding this summer, I am REALLY glad we decided to wait until after he graduates it makes it so much easier and this way we were/are able to do everything that we want and make it perfect for us! It's still going to be somewhat challenging planning certain things from 3,000 miles away but I am SO excited to actually be able TO plan! We already have our venue, catering, and photographer, and are currently working on our dj, wedding coordinator, flowers, and videographer. Oh and I ordered my dress of course! :) Once we get these big things taken care of it will all be the smaller details and the fun stuff! I am so excited, I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I just know this year is going to FLY and before we know it it will be our wedding day and that's going to FLY too so I just want us to enjoy this process because we only get one shot at it and we are doing it exactly how WE want it.
Let the countdown continue!!! <33
No comments:
Post a Comment