Thursday, August 2, 2012
The Dress is Ordered!
Yesterday morning I flew into Sacramento, had some lunch with my mom, and then went and finally ordered my wedding dress!!! None of the bridal stores in the area carried my specific gown in their stores so I had to have one of them ship the sample to them so I could try it on again with my mom there and order it. It was the trunk show sample, so it was a little bit beat up, the one I had tried on in NY was brand spankin new and my size so it fit perfectly, this one was a whole size too big and a bit dingey.Despite that, it was still the beautiful perfect-for-me dress I remembered and I again didn't want to take it off! I am so glad my mom was able to see it in person because up until then she had only seen it in pictures, and pictures really never do anything justice. She loved it! She agreed it was totally "me" and that made me even more confident in my choice! I seriously can't even believe that I just ordered my WEDDING dress! I have seriously waited YEARS to be able to plan our wedding and now I am finally at the point of being able to! I didn't really ask when it would come in; 1) because its still over a year till our wedding and 2) because it will probably come in while I am still in NY. It is typical for a gown to take 6-8 months to come in so that would put it at February at the earliest and April at the latest which really would be perfect because I am planning on having my bridal shower in April or May, so it will work out whichever way it happens they said they can hang on to it for however long, they know I live out of state right now. Anyway, thats a huge check off the list...and still many, many more to go but I am so excited about marking that one off! :) YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment