Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011-Just the 2 of Us

Merry Christmas! I guess technically it just ended here, but that's ok. This year Bobby and I decided not to travel so we stayed in New York. We, or at least I was anticipating a white Christmas, but that just did not happen. We are having an unusually warm winter here, therefore we didn't get any snow. We have had a few flurries, but nothing that has really stuck around.

Since we stayed here for Christmas, it was just Bobby and me on Christmas morning. We woke up around 9:30, cooked up some breakfast, Bobby played some Modern Warfare while I played around on my new Macbook Air (thank you baby). We hadn't watched the season finale of Dexter yet so we watched that a little bit later. After some hanging out, we decided to go do what we love to do...watch a movie :) We went to the last matinee showing of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which was WAY good and I highly recommend anyone goes to see it. I am now really wanting to read the trilogy! The movie was a few hours long, so once we got home I cooked up a little Christmas dinner for the two of us which is kind of hard to do (and why we have TONS of left over ham).

The rest of our night has just been extremely low key, watched some basketball, house hunters, How the Grinch Stole Christmas...pretty uneventful. I definitely miss being home with my other family and friends, but Bobby is my family too. I was not about to fly home without him and leave him here alone. I was able to talk to my family and wish them a Merry Christmas which was nice...its always nice to catch up a little bit on the phone withe everyone.




Although it was a pretty uneventful Christmas day, the weekend surrounding today was amazing and full of excitement so it was nice to finally have a day to just CHILL and do nothing. I ate like crap all weekend and am so happy to be back to the gym tomorrow haha. I am so thankful to have such a great group of friends and family to celebrate the holidays with near and far and am so glad that everyone I spoke with was having such a blessed day. I still can't believe Christmas has come and gone already and it is almost 2012. I am so looking forward to the new year and all it has in store for us. I know it will be nothing short of amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment