Friday, December 9, 2011

First Snow

It's official. Today was our first snow of the season. I woke up this morning around 830am, looked outside, and much to my surprise (although I am not sure I should really be surprised) it had snowed, and everything was completely covered in white. It has since stopped snowing, but I know this is only the beginning and we are already behind schedule for the snow. I was actually starting to get worried we wouldn't get a white Christmas, which I wanted since we have to stay here over the holidays, I at least wanted to experience my first white Christmas so now I am not so worried anymore.

We still haven't really figured out anything for our anniversary, Christmas, or New Years but I found out that up at Niagra Falls during the winter months they have something called the festival of  lights. They light up the falls and have a 3+ mile long Christmas light display that you drive through along with ice skating and other fun holiday activities. I am really wanting to go up and do that for our anniversary or just to see because we only live about an hour away and its all FREE! It looks so beautiful and I definitely want to see the falls while we are here. I am taking the boy I babysit up to the Buffalo airport next Thursday, so I was also thinking of just driving up there after we drop him off because its only about 20 minutes from the airport, so we will see. I am determined to go up to the festival of lights so I guess I will have to do some sweet talking :)

Snow in our backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment