Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Fresh Start

So I had posted awhile ago that we got our first snow of the season...well this is true but it pales in comparison to what we have going on today! It has been snowing all day long and we have accumulated about 2-3 inches in a few hours. I always love it when it snows because its such a fresh clean look, and it can make almost anything look beautiful. It's like a fresh start to the day, and as odd as it sounds I always love being the first person to make a foot print in the snow there is something magical and special about snow.

As I said, we didn't get our white Christmas that we were hoping for, but it does look like we will be getting a white New Years, which I actually like better. Its a fresh start to a new year in a sense, at least thats how my cheesy mind looks at it. 2011 has been such a fantastic year and I really have no regrets or complaints. It hasn't all been perfect or good, but everything that has happened has happened for a reason and it has shaped our lives in ways we may not even know yet. There have been many amazing things that have happened this year: Bobby got into a top rated MBA program, we got engaged, we booked our wedding date, I am going to be an auntie, we have made a solid group of amazing friends in our new place, we have grown to appreciate California more ;), I have two great jobs for two great families with two great kids, my oldest brother was released from prison after over a year and will be starting college soon, we have so many things to be grateful for and I have learned to count my blessings every day. There have also been some sad, yet growing experiences this year as well; my best friend lost her first baby to a terrible disease, we moved 3,000 miles away and I had to say "see you soon" to my favorite little boys in the world, we had to leave all of our friends and family (temporarily), Bobby lost his uncle in a very tragic way, we got stuck in a crappy living situation (but are dealing with it), and two of my close friends are both dealing with two very different, yet sad battles along side their fathers. Along with bad, always comes good, and I can honestly say that I know everything happens for a reason and with each experience comes a lesson we can all learn from.

I can't even describe how excited I am for the new year. There are so many things to look forward to; a new apartment, Laura's baby shower for Miss Harlow, dress shopping with my best girl friends, meeting miss Harlow Adrianna in April, Bobby's completion of his first year of grad school, Bobby's internship during the summer, the arrival of my step-sister's baby in April, hopefully a trip to Boston in the spring, visiting my best friend in Alabama, visiting my babies in SoCal, a BUNCH of good friends' weddings in the fall, and I am sure many more that will surprise us along the way! I feel like I have grown so much over the past year, and especially over the past 6 months. I have learned to be happy, not complain, appreciate every little thing I have, use experiences as learning opportunities, and live life to the fullest. Through unfortunate means, I have learned to never take life for granted and to always be kind, loving, and non-judgmental. Also to appreciate everyone in my life and to never take their presence for granted either, you never know when their last day will be. My faith has grown immensely along with my relationship with Bobby and my friends and family.


10am 
2pm

Julia loves the snow!

No matter how we decide to celebrate the new year, it will be welcomed with open arms. Thank you 2011 for helping us grow, I look forward to 2012 in helping shape us even more. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment