Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wedding Theme

I know I have plenty of time to decide on a wedding "theme" and on colors etc but I actually think WE (yes I said we) have actually decided on a theme and colors for our wedding! Bobby usually doesn't have much to say about wedding stuff, at least not in the beginning, but lately he has been showing a lot more interest in the details of the wedding which makes me very happy and relieved. We have always known that we want our wedding to completely represent us and what we love, so we had decided awhile ago (before we even got engaged) that we want to somehow incorporate our love for travel into our wedding. That is actually how I came up with the name for this blog "Love is a Journey" I was thinking about travel and incorporating it into a day that is meant to be full of love and came up with that title and I believe it fits us to a "T". It inspired this blog and it also inspired my ideas for our wedding, so much so that I wanted to somehow incorporate that saying into the details of our wedding and have it be the overall theme for our wedding so that is exactly what we are going to do.

Coming to concrete decisions like this make me so excited and also make it so much easier to search for wedding ideas. Before I knew that I wanted to incorporate travel but really had no direction. Bobby and I sat down and were discussing colors and anyone who knows Bobby knows his favorite movie of all time is Indiana Jones, which is actually what guided us to the decision on colors. We want our colors to represent the colors of a vintage type world map; light blue, ivory, chocolate brown, beige, and possibly small pops of a red color. Ever since deciding on this whole theme and color combination I have been so excited and can't stop looking for more and more ideas. I truly believe this is going to come together so perfectly and represent exactly who we are and what we love to do together. We are also going to use names of places we have visited together as our table numbers...instead of numbers 1-10 we will have the name of the country. We also want to use a big vintage looking world map for our table assignments/escort cards, somehow pin peoples names to a specific country which would the table they would be sitting at. I have so many ideas rushing around in my mind now and its exciting and makes me feel so relieved to have plenty of time to bring all of these ideas to life! :) what do you think?!
Inspiration for it all

3 comments:

  1. I love your theme! I love that you chose it to represent you and bobby, and I am obsessed with vintage! love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I cant wait to bring it all to life!!! I'm so excited 578 days...not counting or anything! ;)

    ReplyDelete