Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas, Anniversary, & NYE OH MY!

The holidays are so crazy because our anniversary is December 23, then its Christmas Eve then Christmas and before we know it New Years Eve!!! Don't get me wrong, I love having our anniversary around the holidays (Although our wedding anniversary will be August 4) because Christmas time is just such a special time of year, probably my favorite! I just love all of the twinkling lights, the smell of pine (even though ours just comes from a candle LOL), all of the fun crafts there are to do with the children I care for, there is just so much! There is something just inherently special about Christmas time and I look forward to it every year. Not for the gifts, but just for the feeling it brings me. Bobby isn't really a "Christmas person" but he really does try to make it special for me because he knows its important to me, especially being so far away from family, and that is really all I can ask for from him :)

 On Friday, our anniversary we decided we will be driving up to Niagra Falls to see the festival of lights, the falls, and go to a nice dinner for our big 10 year anniversary! I feel so lucky to be marrying my best friend. He truly is the best friend a girl could ask for, and to know I have had him in my life for SUCH a long time, and that he will continue to be in my life, by my side forever is just such an amazing feeling. It sure is going to be COLD up there but I know the lights will be so beautiful and worth it, plus we get to drive in our nice toasty car to see the Christmas lights so it shouldn't be too bad! I can't wait to take pictures, I will definitely be posting them :)

Our good friend Matt invited us to his parents house for Christmas Eve dinner, so we will be going there Saturday to spend the day/evening with him and his family. I feel so blessed to have made such good friends so quickly here, good enough friends to invite us to Christmas Eve dinner with his family. He knew that we weren't flying back home to California so I think it is so very sweet and thoughtful of him and his family to invite us into their home on such a special holiday. It really does mean a lot to us and I am really excited about it!
  

Sadly, there is no snow in sight for us...so it looks like we won't be having a white Christmas after all...and I never thought I would be sad about not having snow, but I got really excited imagining waking up Christmas morning to a fresh snow fall just like in the movies...maybe next year!

New Years Eve, however, is still up in the air! Our friends and us have been talking about what to do and we may just do something locally, dress up and go out to celebrate the amazing year that was 2011 (we both got engaged this year!) and ring in what we know will be yet another amazing year in 2012! No matter what we end up doing, I know I will be with GREAT company <3

No comments:

Post a Comment