 |
| The boys on the first day I ever watched them |
 |
| my not so baby boys <3 |
I love my job for so many reasons, but the main reason is because of the unique bond I get with each child I take care of. Two boys, their whole family really, stole my heart from the moment I met them and I miss them every single day. Austin Frank and Calvin Lee Etter hold such a special place in my heart. They are two of the sweetest little boys I have ever had the pleasure of caring for and feel so blessed to have them be such a big part of our lives. I had applied to a babysitting job on care in the summer of 2009, but nothing ever really came from it until I was at the beach with another little girl I had gotten hired to babysit. I received a phone call from an unknown number (which I never answer) but for some reason I decided to answer the phone, and who else than Honor Etter to be on the other line desperately seeking a sitter for her two boys THAT weekend! I could barely hear her since I was at the beach and wasn't quite understanding what she wanted but I said yes lets meet I can come by and meet you guys anytime. So, I believe it was the next day I drove over to their house to meet the family and when I walk in I see Honor holding baby Austin all of 6 months old and little crazy Calvin all of a year and half old, blond hair, blue eyed little boys and instantly fell in love with not only the boys but with the whole family. Honor was the sweetest lady, so smiley and energetic and I will never forget that while we were talking she was holding baby Aus and his eyes stayed glued on me the entire time. I came back that weekend and babysat them all day saturday and sunday (keep in mind at this point I had never watched an infant before by myself so I was kind of nervous) and from that day on I had an unbreakable bond with those boys that still holds strong till this day even though I am so far away.
I was only babysitting the boys on random weekend nights when Josh and Honor would go out to dinner or something, but after about 6 months I quit my job at the daycare I was working at an began watching the boys regularly during the week. We had already built an incredible relationship with the entire family but that just made it even better. They truly are like family to me each and every one of them. I love those boys like they are my own. I started bringing them over to our apartment and Bobby would come over and he too fell in love with those boys instantly, how could you not? He tells me randomly that he misses the boys, and its just so sweet because anyone who knows Bobby knows he isn't usually so sentimental, and it just shows how much he truly does love and care for those boys just as much as I do. The Etter's are just such special people, truly rare to find people so special and genuine these days. Honor has become one of my best friends and Shanaye is like a little sister to me.
This was all brought on today when I received a package in the mail from Honor, two framed Christmas ornaments with the boys' pictures in them and a larger frame with a picture of Bobby and I holding Austin and Calvin that is now hanging on the wall in our living room. I don't know when the next time I am going to see the boys next, I hope its soon, but until then we will continue to skype and send picture messages back and forth to each other. They are growing up way too fast without me there and it makes me so sad!! I am just so happy that we built such an incredible bond that I know we are a part of their hearts just as much as they are a part of ours.
 |
| my little Aus |
 |
| waiting for Bobby |
 |
| Halloween '11 |
No comments:
Post a Comment