Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cupcakes,Formal,&Partners

Wow this week has been a little nuts! First of all Bobby informed me about a week and a half ago that he had what's called GBF (Global Business Forum) the weekend of March 31st and that I was going to the dinner on that Friday (tomorrow). OK! Well I was supposed to be helping my friend T with a Simon Partners dinner that night, so right away I thought ok then I can just show up after the partners dinner with T because she was going there to sing so we could go together! Done...no. Fast forward to late last week/Monday of this week. We find out that it is a black tie option GALA and since I was invited to come they had my meal option down so now I needed to go with Bobby at the same time I was supposed to go to the partners dinner and I can't just miss dinner/come right in the middle of it so now I am dress-less 4 days before this dinner.

I have never been to a real formal event, unless you count high school prom (which I don't really haha). I know I have nothing to wear, not just saying that because I want something new either, I literally have nothing to wear to such a formal dinner SO the search began! But I have work ALL day Tuesday and ALL day Wednesday so my only options are to go after work those days to look. Tuesday the Partners had their monthly cupcake get together for the March birthdays at 6:30...I got off at 5 and grabbed Bobby to run to the mall that is closest to us to see if I can find anything....nada. The mall that is closest to us just flat out sucks so I wasn't really expecting a different outcome but figured it was worth a shot. So, after our quick, unsuccessful trip I drop Bobby off so I can go meet the girls. Cupcakes are always yummy so that was enjoyable and one of the wives that was there showed us what she was wearing on Friday so it gave me a little direction in what to get myself.

Wednesday I worked until 6:30, ran home and ate something real quick and then Bobby and I set off to the "good mall" that is about 20 minutes away from us for shopping trip #2. I needed a dress and he needed some black dress pants. I looked quickly through Lord & Taylor before heading over to Cache to check out their dresses. I picked about 5 but kind of already knew which one I was going to like I grabbed a large thinking that that would fit uh NO WAAAYYY too big haha so they didn't have a medium only small so I was praying that it would fit and it does! Perfectly! So of course I picked the dress I fit into the smallest size ;) haha jk it was the best one anyway! DONE! Next we went back through Lord & Taylor and found Bobby some black dress pants...cool thing is they still had a 50% off sign next to them AND they told us about a sweet deal if you text in SALE to a number then you get an additional 20% off! So we got him some $125 pants for $50! It was a very successful trip! Then we had to rush to the school because Bobby had a basketball game at 9:30!! We finally got home around 10:45 pm (I had been gone to work since 7am I was beat!) Today was no different...woke up got ready, ran to T's to grab something, then to the mall and target to find jewelry and other random beauty products then straight to work! Ay yi yi! Just preparing for this dang Gala has already got me exhausted!! I am very excited though, everything goes great together my bestie Laura got to play stylist and help me pick which jewelry to wear haha love her! Now I need to pack up clothes and stuff for tomorrow day, tomorrow night, Saturday day, Saturday day, and Sunday! Simon got Bobby/us a hotel room at the Hyatt in downtown to stay at all weekend so I am going over there tonight when Bobby finishes up with tonight's dinner. He has meetings, dinners, etc ALL weekend! Forgot to mention Saturday morning is an all day Partners event...we are taking prospective Simon Partners to breakfast, to the memorial art gallery and then to lunch from 10a-4pm...come Sunday I may just sleep all day! lol It will be a LOT of fun though and I am really looking forward to it! I will be sure to take lots of pictures here's to surviving the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment