Monday, March 26, 2012

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail

LiveFit was all about clean eating and eating every 2-3 hours 5-6 times a day. I loved that part of it because I was almost never hungry because I was literally eating ALL day! I have been trying to do this again since it really did work very well for me...not just eating anything though haha Eating clean, healthy meals! Currently I have about 5 chicken breasts cooking in the oven, I prepared greek yogurt and raspberries, kiwi/pineapple/melon, and a big fat salad for lunch that I am going to top with the chicken that's cooking in the oven. The rest of the chicken that I didn't cook is marinating in some mediterranean marinade concoction I threw together which should be good (I hope). I pretty much live on chicken and eggs for my protein with a little bit of steak every now and then. I am not a big red meat person, but i definitely enjoy some lean steak every now and then.

So, for me the saying "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail" definitely hits home because if I don't have healthy options prepared and on hand for me and I get hungry I am going to grab the easiest which is usually not the healthiest option to eat. If I have healthy options for me to eat on hand I eat those and don't have to worry about it. It also saves a lot of time in the long run, especially cooking chicken in bulk because then I can just slice it up and throw it on the top of a salad or throw it in some whole wheat pasta and it takes almost no time and is perfectly satisfying meal. Food really is my weakness, I just love to eat practically everything bad for me so if I don't have that as a choice and have something healthy I will eat that.

LiveFit was also super, super strict which clearly works, but this time around I am going to allow myself to indulge a little bit more. I use the word indulge kind of loosely I don't even necessarily mean plan out a cheat meal once a week or anything like that, but if I feel like having something on the less healthy side I am not going to beat myself up over it. Like tomorrow, the Simon Partners group that I am a part of meets up once a month to celebrate everyone's birthdays. Tomorrow we are celebrating everyone's birthdays in March so I told my friend Theresa we should split a cupcake. Not only does it save calories, but it saves money because these are not cheap cupcakes ha. I get to have my cupcake and enjoy my half and not feel so bad, but I also don't have to NOT get one and eye everyone else's like the poor starved girl at the table! It's still life and I want to enjoy it not suffer through it! Will it take a little longer to reach my goal weight? Perhaps...but at least once I reach it it will actually stick vs crash dieting and losing weight in an unhealthy way just to gain it all back once I start eating "normally" again.

I did make it to the gym this morning and ran a little over a mile...baby steps! I cut myself way too short on time by accident because I put my name down for tanning and ran out of time. I also had to go to the grocery store afterwards and figured I would be back there tonight with Bobby to get a lift in buuuut I forgot he had basketball tonight so that didn't happen, then I was at work till 7:30 but its all OK! I got some cardio in and that my friend is definitely better than nothing at all!

Here's to another good day tomorrow! Back to see miss Julia after having last week off I am sure she has grown and learned yet another hilarious/cute saying as she always does! That girl cracks me up :) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment