I have officially booked our DJ for our wedding! :) Yes, over a year in advance! Just like I already have our photographer booked and have had our venue booked since September! People sometimes joke that I could have a wedding planned for THIS August...well yes I could, but at least this way I get 2012 prices for our 2013 wedding AND have less to worry about later on!
I had been debating whether to have a DJ or a band, a band and an iPod/computer, or just an ipod/computer OR a DJ AND a band haha Well, I finally decided that I will just trust my gut and my wedding coordinator and go with their preferred DJ Joe! I had emailed multiple local area DJ's and even one of them told me I should go with Joe, so that pretty much sealed the deal! I had talked to Joe a few months back when I first started looking at DJ's before we even decided to have the wedding in 2013 and he was super responsive, willing to meet up whenever I flew back home and really informative which was really helpful being 3,000 miles away! At the time I was planning on having the wedding this summer, but we changed our mind literally the day before I was supposed to fly home to look at wedding venues! I told him we had decided to have the wedding in 2013 and that I would definitely be in touch and I was :) I have heard nothing short of rave reviews about Joe and I am SO SO excited for our wedding even more so now! I want people to have fun and dance and I just know if anyone can get our guests out on the dance floor it's Joe! I haven't even met Joe in person yet (same goes for my photographer haha) but the fact that I feel like I am chatting with a friend via email gives me all the confidence I need to know I am making the right decision!
Along with booking Joe as our DJ I am also using his photo booth service! I have ALWAYS wanted to have a photo booth at our wedding, they're SO much fun and the photos double as a wedding favor and since Joe offers this along with his DJ services I figured I should definitely go with his photo booth, plus he had the best price and threw in a few other goodies for free! :) I just know that our guests will have a blast with the photo booth when they're not out there busting a move ;)
Now I have the photographer, venue (caterer, cake, etc), and DJ booked! That just leaves finding the DRESS, booking the videographer and florist as the last big things! 1/2 isn't so bad for still being over a year out haha. I am a big fan of getting all of the big things out of the way, when you know you know why wait just to pay more next year to book them? I am pretty sure I know who I want to use as our videographer I am absolutely in love with his work and have been chatting with a little bit as well and get a really good vibe from him! So who knows maybe I will have that checked off of the list soon too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment